Welcome to our School
Barndale House School is an all age special school for pupils aged between 2 and 19 years with a diversity of learning difficulties.
Our curriculum is balanced, broadly based and enables all young people to become:
- successful learners who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve
- confident learners who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives
- responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society.
Our Aims are to:
- enable pupils to interact and communicate with a wide range of people
- enable pupils to express preferences, communicate needs, make choices, make decisions and choose options that other people act on and respect
- promote self-advocacy or the use of a range of systems of supported advocacy
- prepare pupils for an adult life in which they have the greatest possible degree of autonomy and support them in having relationships with mutual respect and dependence on each other
- increase pupils’ awareness and understanding of their environment and of the world
- encourage pupils to explore, to question and to challenge
- provide a wide range of learning experiences for pupils in each key stage suitable for their age.